It may be surprising, but one of the hardest things about becoming diabetic was wearing some sort of medical id. I'm not much of jewelry person nor did I like the idea of being labeled 'diabetic' for all the world to see. To make matters worse most medical id's are hideously ugly! I already have a medical condition do we have to add insult to injury by being forced to wear a seriously overpriced (costing as much as $300--seriously!) piece of chain link fence around my wrist! My mom and I found some sporty looking medical bracelets that weren't too expensive and that is what I've been wearing pretty much exclusively over the past 4+ years. They have served me well, but I've been looking for something a little different--not quite so sporty--that wasn't going to cost me an arm and a leg ($60 for some beaded bracelet in my mind is WAY too much!). I am pleased to report that I finally found something different that didn't cost too much. Hurray!
You buy the id tag and bands separately and the tag can go on any of the bands. And they are watch style bands so I can get them on and off by myself (a perk you don't think about until you try to put a bracelet with a clasp on by yourself).
2 comments:
Those bracelets do look cool. So how many bands did you get? ;)
The girls and I have been wanting to make you one. Just didn't know how obvious we had to make the tag. You may yet have other options! LOL Needless to say, you always look fantastic, in my book.
Post a Comment