Saturday, August 9, 2008

In bits and pieces

So I've been trying for the past week or so to get some pictures together of my new apartment, but it just isn't coming together. Mostly because I keep forgetting and when I remember my apartment is a wreck because of some project I'm working on and then I clean it up and promptly forget again. It's a vicious cycle! So I've decided to post it in bits and pieces.

First bit: My new couch

It came to my door in these two boxes:



and came out looking like this:



pretty cool right? Well I think it is! I got it from homereserve.com and it comes ready to assemble--which I totally did and it wasn't even hard at all (thanks for the drill Mom--it was a huge time saver!). I meant to buy the three cushion version, but had a 'moving-moment' and order the 2 cushion by mistake--whoops!

This is what the frame looks like without the cover and cushions:




It isn't the most comfortable couch in the world, but it's not the worst either. I think it falls somewhere in the midrange for comfort. Plus I love all the other benefits--I can take it apart and move it myself if need be, there is storage underneath the cushions and I can take all the covers off and wash them or buy a new set if I'm ready for a decor change without having to buy a whole new couch.

In other--but related news--I bought a sewing machine and made some little pillows for my new sofa.

Here is the finished product:



You can see my dining room and a bit of the kitchen in the background.

Second bit: The bathroom



I'm currently on the hunt for a shower curtain, but haven't been able to find anything I like yet.

Well those are all the pictures I have for the moment--stay tuned for pictures of painted chairs, fabric art, and ode-to-library throw. (I hope the suspense isn't too much for you---hahaha!)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Your apartment looks cute. Cool couch and great job on the pillows.

Cami said...

Nice apartment! And I've never heard of a couch like that. I'm going to have to look into it.

Carly said...

So fun! I have made pillows out of that very same fabric... we're twins from across the country!

Emily said...

Well done! I may have to look into one of those couches- don't own one myself currently. Your artist flair continues throughout your house!