Friday, November 4, 2011

Visit from Big T

October was a crazy month for us. Nathan took the first part of his big licensure exam and we had family visit two weekends in a row, plus I got called to serve as the secretary to the new Primary Presidency ~2 weeks before the ward Trunk or Treat which we had to plan. Whew!

Our first family visit was Nathan's cousin Tyson and it was fabulous! These two are more like brothers than cousins and it had been way to long since we'd seen him. We were so excited to introduce the boys to their Uncle Tyson. The boys weren't exactly sure what to think at first.


{Andrew was totally scoping him out. Trying to figure out if he was safe or not.}


{They circled around him, keeping the oh so important 3 foot radius}


I realized Tyson's visit was the first time we'd had any one over to our new place for longer than a few minutes (how lame are we? answer: very). They are doing much better with strangers these days (eg. they don't scream when people look at them any more), but I think it was weird for them to have a "stranger" in the house. They kept looking at me like "Mom, what is this guy doing in here? Strangers are supposed to be outside our house!"

But, no worries they were totally warmed up to Uncle Tyson 30 minutes later. And by the end of his visit Gavin crawled over to him and "asked" to be picked up!


{Having a laugh with Uncle Tyson: Gavin's face is just hilarious in this one}



{Honking Tyson's nose: Nathan taught them this one. When they squeeze our noses we make a honking noise (like a car horn). One of their favorite games to play with Mom and Dad, but I've never seen them do it to any one else. Tyson, you should feel honored}



{Yea for Uncle Tyson!}


We had a really good jam packed weekend that included an introduction to some Kentucky culture via the horse races. But like a goof I forgot the camera. Tyson had his and took a bunch of pictures, but I forgot to get them from him (noticing a theme here?)

We can't wait for our next visit from Big T!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

So cute! I love the picture where they're laughing together--that's so adorable! It always makes me so happy to see my family and Forrest having fun together. I've been trying to be more social with him, too--I don't want him to become a hermit like me and never play with other kids. I took him to story time at the library this week, and it was pretty much the most exciting half hour of his life, which just goes to show that we don't leave the house much ;-)