Monday, November 7, 2011

Telling our twins apart

A couple of people have asked me recently how we tell the boys apart so I thought I'd do a little post on it.
 I think the following picture highlights their differences.



Basically it's like the picture says: Andrew's eyes are a little larger and his hair is a little longer than Gavin's.

So let's see if you can tell them apart too!
(Answers are at the bottom of the post.)

Picture #1


Picture #2

Picture #3


Now let's make it a little harder and do a couple photos where they aren't side by side:

Picture #4


Picture #5


And I'll be really impressed if you can tell the apart in them bonus picture!

Bonus Picture


Honestly, the older they get the harder they are to tell apart. They still weigh about a pound different, but that made more of a difference when they were 12 lbs and not the 20+ they weigh in at now. The take turns being the shy one or the flirty one, the sober one or giggly one. I used to be able to tell their cries apart. Now I can about half the time (which always impresses Nathan). And I swear they look more alike by the day.

I'd love to hear if anyone else has any tips or tricks for telling them apart.

Answers:
Picture #1: Left: Andrew; Right: Gavin
Picture #2: Left: Gavin; Right: Andrew
Picture #3: Left: Gavin; Right: Andrew
Picture #4: Gavin
Picture #5: Andrew
Bonus Picture: Left: Andrew; Right: Gavin

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I think one of the easiest ways was Gavin had some red marks under his eye and on his nose but they have faded a lot the last several months.

Cami and Juan said...

Do they have distinguishing birth marks or anything? Because man, with just those two things I feel like every day I'd be like, which on are you? Ha ha.

Viral Vacation 2021 said...

A very impressive score of 5 out of six was achieved by Warren and Tatiana, who figured it out together without fighting (also very impressive).

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I got most of them right. Harder to tell if they are not with each other. I focused on the eye thing because, well, if you cut their hair then the whole "longer hair" thing won't work...

Erika said...

Got number three wrong. It's funnies how they just keep getting cuter every day. The older they get, the cuter they are. At least, that's what I've found with my kids.