Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Before and After

BEFORE:

So this is me after doing stats homework for a few hours. Really pretty happy and content at my plugging along:



AFTER:

This is me after checking my messages:



There was a message from a boy asking me to call him back because he had 'a question' for me...


Oh that phrase never fails to turn my stomach into a knot and make my palms sweat. We all know what that infamous 'question' is! When you call them back it's never 'What did you get for #7 on the stats homework' or 'The Bishop was wondering if you could come see him on Sunday' (People who have those kinds of questions state their intentions in their phone messages.) Oh no...it usually starts out with 'So what are you doing this weekend...?'

Really fellas (if there are any guys who read this blog) its nothing personal. I just don't think I'll ever get used to dating. I've been doing it for long enough you'd think I'd stop going into 'fight or flight' mode everytime a boy called. Though it does help a bit when you call them back and they are just as nervous and end up telling you all about their love of chalkboards...I love graduate students.

3 comments:

MLE said...

LOL "Their love of chalkboards"??! Really?! :)

If it makes you feel better, I get the same reaction when the R.S. calls me and says the same thing. I think it's something about people stating their intentions- when they CLEARLY have them!! :)

Nicki said...

LOL! You make me so happy. Breathe, breathe- somehow we all live through dating (and let me emphasize the somehow because I sure the heck don't know how we do it!).

lemonkiwi94 said...

Did I ever tell you that witnessing your dating life has cemented me into a life of permanent celibacy? No amount of Hollywood romance for the elderly will ever undo the impact of those vicarious experiences. It was all I could do not to hyperventilate along with you. So, I can see HF saying, "Here is your husband, I pronounce you married. You are now excused and don't ever have to see him again." Miracles, that's what we are seeking for. Love, Mom