Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Andrew

NICKNAMES: Drew baby, Drewbers, Mr. Drew, Dandrew (by his 18 month old cousin), and occasionally called "baby" by Gavin.



LIKES:

Drew loves to say hi to people, especially people who aren't paying any attention to him. Not quite sure why that is. Either he's more comfortable saying hi to people when they aren't looking at him or he likes a challenge.

He loves fruit, especially grapes and any kind of berry (minus strawberries).

Loves to be outside running around! But he is also our "stop and smell the roses" guy. He often likes to take walks slower and take in what he sees before moving forward.

LOVES to watch TV, especially Sesame Street which he lovingly calls "Elmo"

He loves to be tickled, chased, and scared (within reason).


DISLIKES:

He does not enjoy swings or other motion related activities (motion sickness maybe?) and clams up and clings on to whatever he can for dear life.


PERSONALITY

Drew can be pretty cautious in new places and with new people. He prefers to be held at first, but can be encouraged over time to venture out on his own.

LATEST ACCOMPLISHMENTS

He is our little talker and is starting to imitate us a lot (his fake sneeze and cough are the best!). His current favorite word is "no" usually said in triplicate ("no, no, no!") and accompanied by a sassy wagging of the finger. It's pretty hilarious. He also says other cute things like "biper" (diaper), "appy" (happy), "tirtle" (circle), "ah yeah" (oh yeah) among others. And in honor of march madness he's added "baaah ball" (basketball) to his vocabulary.

He was really attached to his binky and would have had it with him all day long if I let him. I wondered at times how difficult it was going to be to break him of the habit. Well turns out I didn't need to wonder. While in the middle of our month of sickness in February he decided he didn't want anything to do with his binky anymore and promptly gave it up cold turkey. We had a few brutal nights and a couple of rough naps, but he is happily binky free now. While he doesn't seem to miss it in the least I find myself wishing he would still take it, especially when we are out and about with nap time approaching. But I'm sure I'll thank him later when we are trying to break Gavin of the habit.



RANDOM:
Drew gives the best hugs and gives them pretty freely! If you're really lucky you'll get a kiss, but he's pretty stingy with those these days (unless of course you are a stuffed animal or a cute animal in a board book, both of whom he kisses freely and often).


I could go on and on, but I'll cut myself off here. If you just skimmed to the end (I totally wouldn't blame you if you did) just know our Andrew is one awesome little man!

2 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

What a sweet boy! I love his shocked-looking face in that second picture--so hilarious :-) He and Forrest are both stingy kissers, which bothers me even MORE when I see him smothering stuffed animals with kisses.

Cami and Juan said...

He is looking more like a little boy in these pictures. He's so good at picking up words and I love his cute nicknames. What a fun post all about him.