Sunday, November 13, 2011

5k

As I sat down tonight, determined to put something up on this here blog, it dawned on me that I don't think I've posted anything on this blog about my 5k.

Yes, that's right, MY 5k.

The 5k I've had on my 'want to do' list since I was an undergrad.

Check that one off!

I was super nervous about being able to actually run the whole thing since the last couple weeks of  training sort of flopped
(life just gets in the way sometimes, ya know?)

But I am very pleased to say that I was able to run the whole thing!

(with my shoe lace untied 2/3rds of the time no less! That should count for something, right?)

In our haste to make it to the race on time we forgot our camera (doh!). Thankfully,  a friend was there with one and they got a few shots for me (some more flattering than others. Turns out it's hard to look your best while running ;))



{Here we are just before the race started. Nathan and the boys came out to show their support which was brave because it was freezing cold.}


{My original training buddy wasn't able to make it (bummer!!!), but I made a new friend on race day and happily we were pretty evenly matched. Plus, she has an awesome name: Katie}


{Here we are on the home stretch. We did it! I totally love Katie in this one. Captured what I was feeling exactly.}


{At the finish line. Note: 53:33 was not how long it took me to finish (thank goodness!). My time was 35:02}


I am so glad I was able to do this and it was a great experience. Nate and I really want to try to run one as a family in the spring. He'll be pushing the stroller of course!

4 comments:

Viral Vacation 2021 said...

Way to go, Katy!

Hey, I'm trying to get my shopping done early this year and I wanted to know if the boys already have the book "Llama Llama Red Pajama"? Let me know :)

wendy said...

Katy you're awesome!! Way to go. 5ks are fun, huh? And they're addicting. I'd be very impressed if Nathan could push twins for an entire race.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That's an awesome accomplishment! Should give Ethan some hope now that he's doing the Couch to 5K program, too. What's your new goal now that you've accomplished this one?

Looks really cold. That's amazing that you were able to run in the cold like that! Although it was probably better than standing/sitting and waiting in the cold. ; )

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Way to go! That is so awesome! You look great!