Less than two weeks after our move to Kentucky we packed our boys up and headed to Indiana for graduation. Back in June I decided to see if I could walk in August graduation with Nathan even though I technically finished in December. As you may recall I was in no state to be walking anywhere then (remember this?!). I thought it was a long shot, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. And how cool would it be to have a picture of both Nathan and I in our grad garb each holding one of our munchkins!
Cool, right?

I especially love how grumpy the boys look! hahaha! Really they were just mesmerized by my adviser's husband who was making all kinds of silly faces to get their attention so they would at least look in the direction of the camera.
Have I mentioned it takes them a little while to warm up to new people?
hahahaha!
To make the weekend even better, we found out that Nathan made the front page of the local news section of the newspaper! Everyone laughed when his adviser hooded him because of their height difference. When he stood in front of her to be hooded she completely disappeared and he had to do a super-squat so she could get the hood over his head. Everyone laughed pretty hard. It was great!

{from The Journal and Courier website}
Cool, right?
I especially love how grumpy the boys look! hahaha! Really they were just mesmerized by my adviser's husband who was making all kinds of silly faces to get their attention so they would at least look in the direction of the camera.
Have I mentioned it takes them a little while to warm up to new people?
hahahaha!
To make the weekend even better, we found out that Nathan made the front page of the local news section of the newspaper! Everyone laughed when his adviser hooded him because of their height difference. When he stood in front of her to be hooded she completely disappeared and he had to do a super-squat so she could get the hood over his head. Everyone laughed pretty hard. It was great!

{from The Journal and Courier website}
We also got to meet up with my adviser and show off our babies to each other :) Seeing her little girl made me realize how much the boys have grown. I swear there is no way they were ever that tiny!
{Me and my adviser, Dr. Aryn Dotterer}
We had a fabulous weekend seeing old friends and visiting some of our favorite places. It was so nice to be able to walk together! We also really appreciate all the people who supported us by watching our kids (thank you Goodsells!) and offering their home for us to stay in (thank you to the Seidel's!).
Oh, and as an added bonus, they streamed the graduation live so some of our family was able to see it even though they live far away!
{Master and Dr. Miles}
2 comments:
Wish I could've seen you guys! Ethan said he had lots of fun with you. That's cool that Nate is famous now, too!
Aww...Katy Friend! I just love you. I am glad that kentucky is mostly treating you well so far. Miss you so so much!
Post a Comment