After a very long Sunday nap I find myself awake at an ungodly hour, unable to sleep.
ugh!
But I'll use the quiet time to blog a little about us.
First off Nathan loves his new job. Yeah! The last year was a little rough and he didn't really like the place he was working very much. Thankfully, his new coworkers are awesome and friendly and excited to have him on board. Plus, 4 other people got hired with him so there will be a nice little cohort of newbies. Besides working he is in the throws of studying for his licensure exam. Fun for him! :)
The boys are growing up faster than I care to admit and are getting to be all kinds of fun. They are crawling like champs now and getting into all kinds of things. They also love to steal toys from each other, but sadly the robbed one has started to protest instead of indifferently moving on to another toy. Any one have any thoughts on teaching 8 month olds how to share? Thus far I think this is one of the most challenging aspects of having two the same age. You can't reason with anybody! Well at least they don't hit...yet.
But honestly they are just so fun and darling I can hardly stand it. They love to read now and books are some of their favorite toys.

{Andrew spending some quality time with a book}
They are getting so curious about the world and love to try and explore new things. For example, somehow we ended up taking turns sitting under this plastic tote. Andrew was thrilled and thought this was the best game ever. He actually cried when I took it off.
ugh!
But I'll use the quiet time to blog a little about us.
First off Nathan loves his new job. Yeah! The last year was a little rough and he didn't really like the place he was working very much. Thankfully, his new coworkers are awesome and friendly and excited to have him on board. Plus, 4 other people got hired with him so there will be a nice little cohort of newbies. Besides working he is in the throws of studying for his licensure exam. Fun for him! :)
The boys are growing up faster than I care to admit and are getting to be all kinds of fun. They are crawling like champs now and getting into all kinds of things. They also love to steal toys from each other, but sadly the robbed one has started to protest instead of indifferently moving on to another toy. Any one have any thoughts on teaching 8 month olds how to share? Thus far I think this is one of the most challenging aspects of having two the same age. You can't reason with anybody! Well at least they don't hit...yet.
But honestly they are just so fun and darling I can hardly stand it. They love to read now and books are some of their favorite toys.
{Andrew spending some quality time with a book}
They are getting so curious about the world and love to try and explore new things. For example, somehow we ended up taking turns sitting under this plastic tote. Andrew was thrilled and thought this was the best game ever. He actually cried when I took it off.
Gavin didn't particularly care for this game until he saw Andrew having a great time and then he wanted back in.
{Andrew having fun and Gavin trying to get back in on the action}
They love this set of jangley baby keys we have. Gavin loves to hold the keys in his mouth and then jangle them with both hands. I don't know why, but there is something about this that I find absolutely hilarious! He just looks so sweet and goofy. I love it!
My days are filled with these little faces.
Which should explain why my kitchen's a mess. Because honestly who could resist these two?!
Now lets see if I can get some sleep...
2 comments:
I know I'll have the same problem if I take a nap, but sometimes that nap is just so tempting!
So glad Nathan loves his new job. It must be such a relief for you guys!
I remember when I was Nursery Leader way back when, and I learned in training that kids that age (nursery age) were still too young to teach how to share. You just needed to distract them with other toys as best you can. So, I suggest not even bothering with the sharing lessons until they are a couple years older! But, take that advice for what it's worth because I'm certainly not an expert!
Can't wait to come visit you guys sometime soon!
Wow the boys are getting so big!! And cuter than ever! You didn't update us on YOU. :) Get some sleep!
Post a Comment