Monday, April 11, 2011

Blessings and babies all around

About a month ago we had the proverbial blessing weekend. Serendipitously some family was able to make it which was nice. We decided to keep the whole affair very low key and simple, opting to bless the babies before church instead of during.
{Looking studly in their matching duds}

{Andrew eying Gavin suspiciously. They make the best faces!}



{With Nathan's siblings outside our apartment}
One of the best parts was watching their 6 month old cousin interact with them.

It started off all cute and sweet:

{Awwww! She's trying to hold hands!}
And quickly turned ugly:

{Trying to gouge G's eye out}
Foiled by her watchful parents she quickly changed tactics:

{Going for A's eyes instead}

I keed I keed. She's an absolutely darling 6 month old who was just doing what any awesome 6 month old would do. She found the boys all kinds of interesting (especially their eye balls).

{Isn't she darling! Loves those fingers!!}
The boys did pretty well with all the new faces, but I'm sad to say they are fairly hesitant of strangers already. I guess we need to get out more. But they warmed up pretty quickly.

{Little A with Aunt Jaclyn. He looks so tiny here.}

{Boys with Uncle Austin}

{Just being their cute selves}

Overall it was a nice weekend. Looking back at these pictures it is hard to believe how much the boys have changed since then. They are both a ton bigger, plus they look at each other now and smile and talk a little. So darling!! I'll have to post some more recent pictures soon.

4 comments:

Kim Davis said...

They look so darn cute in those matching outfits (and super tiny next to a 6 month old).

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

They are so cute! I love their little matching sweaters. Much as I love to let Forrest "play" with other babies, I'm always so nervous he'll lose an eyeball . . .

Cami and Juan said...

Why do babies always go for the eyeball? Must be the most interesting looking. What a fun weekend filled with family.

Carly said...

Hooray for a beautiful blessing weekend!

So here's my question: As far as I can tell from pictures, they look a lot alike (although I thought I remembered you saying during pregnancy they were not going to be identical)... do you mark them or dress them a certain way to be sure you know who is who, or are there obvious differences I haven't noticed in pictures?? Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night freaked out that you are going to permanently mix them up or something? Or is that just a silly question from a mother of only singletons??