Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Prego update: baby {blankets and bump}

Time for a pregnancy update! We are quickly approaching D-day. I was informed by my doctor a few weeks ago that he doesn't like to let twins go past 37 weeks, which would be December 2nd for us.

What?!?!

With how well things have been going I was thinking the EARLIEST our twinsies would make an appearance is 37 weeks not the LATEST. Yikes! Breathe, Katy, breathe!

We may yet argue this point with our doctor a bit, especially if I don't go into labor on my own by that point and the twins continue to do well, but we'll see.

{32.5 weeks prego, take 1}

{32.5 weeks prego, take 2}

Our boys are looking great, weighing in at 4 lbs for Baby A and 3 lbs 10 ozs for Baby B at our 32 week ultrasound, which is a9% weight difference with no signs of twin to twin to transfusion which is really awesome. Go boys go!

I made a few receiving blankets for them this last weekend.


{Matching jungle print with different backings}

{Different prints (monkeys and turtles) with different backings, all cozy flannel}

I had all kinds of cute ideas for these little blankets, including maybe trying my hand at applique, but no dice. I've officially transitioned into "just get it done" mode! But I'm still pleased with how they turned out and they were easy peasy to make. Well minus the cutting out process. That is getting a little hard to do with my ever expanding belly :)

We are getting very excited (and very nervous!) for the arrival of our little guys!

Confession: I've been listening to Christmas music the last week or so. I guess I figure the lead up to Christmas this year will be a sleep deprived haze, so I'm enjoying it while I still can!

5 comments:

Amanda S. said...

You're so close! That's so exciting! Oh my gosh! Exclamation marks! Cute blankets!

Carly said...

You look fantastic! For some reason I thought you were a little farther along than you are (as in would be 40 weeks the first week in December). Way to go not wanting the Dr to take those boys early!! I'm all about not being induced. Fingers crossed the whole process goes smoothly for you guys!

And your baby blankets are darling!

Amy said...

What cute blankets. You look wonderful and I hope everything goes well. Wow first week in December, and I thought November was going too fast for me. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.

wendy said...

KATY!! I'm so excited for you! But wow. Dec 2?? That's so soon! Love the blankets! They'll keep the 4 of you nice and warm. :)

Cami and Juan said...

I love the blankets. Flannel will be so nice. Ah December 2nd is coming up so quickly, if you even make it until then!