For Christmas my sister gifted each of us a CD with pictures from our childhood. You see, most of our childhood photos were printed as slides. So with the exception of the occasional family slide show they mostly go unseen. So my sister got some of these slides scanned and put on a CD as Christmas presents. I love it! It has been really fun to look through these pictures and sort of reconnect with my childhood self. This series of pictures, in particular, cracks me up.

Notice the expression on my face:
pure delight!
Then notice the expression on my baby brother's face.
He's screaming his head off and I look entirely unphased (though not unempathetic {see picture 3}).
I remember being so excited that my mom was going to have a baby. I hoped and hoped it would be a girl, but I quickly adjusted to the fact that it was a boy that joined our family. And as evidenced by these pictures I was very excited to have a baby in the house.
Well, it's nice to see that somethings don't change as we get older (in a good way). I still love kids and look forward to having my own someday. However, I do I think I've lost my ability to grin ear to ear whilst holding a screaming child. Too bad, that might have come in handy.
{Note: this post is not an announcement, I'm not pregnant. Just reflecting on the continuity of personality traits across the life course (how's that for some grad school nerd talk?!)}
3 comments:
lol You may find that you re-gain the ability to smile, when a child is screaming. Depends on the message of the crying! :) Least that's my experience.
You have always been so darling! I love these pictures and seeing them in succession. I remember having to fight for a turn to hold said baby! lol There was never enough time to go around. :)
My deleted comment looks so sinister! lol I can't stand it when I misspell things (English nerd that I am!) Had to delete and try again! :)
Post a Comment