Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goodreads indeed!

So I you might notice a little something new on my sidebar. I was recently (I'm behind the times I know!) introduced to the website goodreads.com...

Hallelujah!

I've been brainstorming and debating the most efficient way to keep track of all the children's books I read as a volunteer reader. I've seriously read many, many, MANY children's books over the past few months, but have struggled to even keep a running list of the books I use each week. Duhdahdahduh, enter goodreads.com (and there was much rejoicing!). It is perfect for what I need. I can keep a running list of all the books I read, rate them, review them, share them and save a running list for my own future use. Plus, the website also suggests books based on the ones I've rated/reviewed/read and I am ALWAYS looking for new book suggestions. love Love LOVE this! So in case anyone is interested in the sharing part, checkout the link on my sidebar.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I should add a smidge of an update on the whole reading experience in general. The three year olds have gotten a little crazy (though I think the class is struggling behaviorally in general) when I come in. Any ideas on how to captivate that crowd? (Really, it is just a couple of kids who have a hard time not disrupting everyone else.) I tell you what there is nothing cuter than a bunch of three year olds chirping "Read another one!" {melt my ever lovin' heart!}. I really enjoy going in and reading, plus having the opportunity to delve into children's literature a little bit more. It has really been a great experience and I'll miss it when we move.

1 comment:

Emily said...

If you define "crazy" I may have some better ideas for you. Three-year-olds have many forms of "crazy" at their disposal! lol

Try starting with a simple movement exercise (like Follow the Leader- clap your hands, spin, etc. Then sit and listen to a book.) You may need to repeat this between books to help keep focus AND give a little energy burn off. Just a thought.