The only draw back to the internet is trying to assess the quality of the information you find. And there is some pretty wild information being exchanged out there. I think this sentiment is probably especially true for information about parenting. I mean, sure, there are some pretty obvious "um, I don't think so" sites, but what about the hundreds of parenting sites out there that aren't so obviously out of touch with reality? How can you know whether what you're reading has any validity?
Well one of my professors mentioned a website that has taken the challenge to sift through all that parenting info and provide some quality control. Tufts University has an entire website dedicated to connecting you to quality information about children and parenting. Check out their website here. They have multiple ways to search and find information depending on what you need. And it's not just for information about babies, they cover ages 0-19 years. So check it out and/or pass it on.
NOTE: this post is brought to you by 1.5 years of graduate school; I'm doing it so you don't have to :)
2 comments:
ummm is this just a post giving information to website has interesting information (I did look) or is there more to it. Cause if it just for information, thanks I'll take a deeper look at it and apologize for being one of "those" friends. ;) love ya and feel free to delete this comment if I'm way off with my "ummm" or if this makes no sense at all.
Wow, that site looks really cool! I've found myself getting really frustrated as I try and search for stuff about pregnancy/babies online . . . I have no way of knowing what's legitimate and what is just craziness. Thanks!
Post a Comment