Thursday, April 24, 2008

Multifunctionality



So now that I have my new camera I'm going a little crazy with the photo taking! But really I've wanted to blog about some stuff, but couldn't without a little help from a photo. So here is the story behind this picture.
I've been wanting to change up my room a bit and there were these terrible drab curtains in my room. So off we went to the fabric store to find fabric to make curtains and a duvet cover, but alas I couldn't find anything that really suited me. So my brilliant mother suggested we stop off at Ross and look at sheets that we could turn into curtains and a duvet. So the curtains you see pictured here were originally a queen size flat sheet. This will definitely be going on my 'wife resume', because really who wouldn't want to marry someone who can transform a sheet into curtains? HAHAHA! Someday when I get the duvet done I'll post some pictures so you can see how the whole ensemble came together.

2 comments:

rachel b. said...

Wow, I am highly impressed! I definitely can't do anything involving a sewing maching . . . nice work.

Rachel said...

Wife resume, eh? That's a smart idea. You should do a post just of that - I think it would be very enlightening!