Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Feeling a bit light headed...

So I just got an email from Shawn Whiteman associate professor at Purdue University...and I got ACCEPTED! I'm not going to lie I teared up a bit when I got the email. I have had my doubts about whether I would get accepted to a PhD program anywhere and I definitely thought Purdue was a huge stretch as far as the realm of possibility goes. WOW that is pretty much all I can say. I have unofficially been accepted to the Family Studies PhD program at Purdue University in Indiana. They've offered me $500 towards coming out to visit and are hoping to be able to offer me some good funding (I'll find out in a few weeks what "good funding" actually means). Needless to say at this moment I am totally blown away... In the words of my little brother "There is a God in heaven and He loves me!":)

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

That is great news Katy! I went to Purdue University for an EFY and it was a great campus. I love the location too!

Danielle said...

Yeah Katy! It's great to have an option outside of BYU! And they have a vet program... :)

Carly said...

Katy Katy CULLEN!! THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING THING I HAVE HEARD ALL WEEK!!!

Whew! I am so excited! Congratulations on BYU AND Purdew (sp??) You are amazing and I can't wait to find out where you will go!