Friday, February 15, 2008

BYU..check; Purdue...check; Iowa State...CHECK

Ok so in the wee hours of the morning I was dreaming about grad school. One dream was about the graduate program secretary at Iowa State. I've never seen her but my brain apparently did some fancy work and conjured up what it thinks she looks like in my dream. Weird! The next dream was about U of Missouri and I dreamed that all of the other students in my program were these blond California babes--it was sort of awkward. Needless to say I was a bit out of it this morning when I woke up--weird dreams tend to throw me off balance a bit.
But that aside the latest count is in for grad schools. I received an email this morning that I've been accepted to Iowa State's PhD program! I'll get official notification in the mail in a few days and find out who my temporary advising faculty member is. However, they didn't mention anything about funding so it's possible that I won't get any. This of course will influence where I decide to go. As much as I've been leaning toward Iowa State if they don't give me any money I'm afraid I will definitely be going else where. A little disappointing but I guess I'll just have to wait for the official letter and see what it says!

1 comment:

Carly said...

Who hoo!! Go Katy!! This is pretty dang exciting :) Look at you go...