Sunday, August 3, 2014

Gatlinburg trip part two: Wonderworks

Our second day in Gatlinburg was pretty cloudy and rainy (though you can't really tell from the picture below, hello blue skies!) so instead of hike which was our original plan we opted for a trip to the Wonderworks Museum instead. Or as my boys like to call it "the upside down building."

{Dad and boys: Gavin on left Andrew on right}

The museum ended up being less kid oriented that I was expecting, but this is one experience from our trip that our boys keep asking about. They just ran amok pushing random buttons and having a great time.

{Nate gets struck by lightning:)}

Pulleys are more fun when you have a big Dad to help you work them!



They had a gigantic...well I'm not sure what it's called,but hopefully it's obvious from the picture.

{Nate: like Han Solo, only more handsome and with an extra set of arms:)}

Giant bubbles are always fun!



Coloring on the computer: both boys thought this was fun!


They also had a whole art section that was really cool. A lot of it was optical illusion art which was really fun.


My absolute favorite were these wire sculptures that didn't really look like anything special until...


...you turned on a focal light and then it was just pure awesomeness!

{cowboy riding a horse}



{USA}

All I have to say is that I WANT ONE :) This was probably the coolest part of the museum for me.



Laying on a bed of nails is not completely painless in case you were wondering. The boys really wanted to try this, but I nixed that idea after trying it myself. It's pokey!




We also went to the magic show onsite which was pretty fun for Nate and I and completely lost on our boys (but they were free so...)

Once again by the time we got some dinner and headed back to our hotel our boys were completely exhausted and fell asleep pretty quickly.


I'm not sure if I would do Wonderworks with the kids again (well at least not until they are older). There was a lot they couldn't do (too young) and then they didn't quite grasp what they could do. It would be a really fun date night for Nate and I if it weren't so far away. 

No comments: