Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January

First of all, thank you all for your sweet comments on our family pictures! That pretty much made my day.

January has been an interesting month in our household; sick babies, cranky teething babies, exclusively walking babies and...hardly any pictures. What? I was so surprised to see I've taken approximately 3 pictures of our rascals all month (which I guess says something about the month we've had. blargh!). 

We've also been rearranging/selling furniture to make more space in our living room for our walking duo. Bonus: our front window is now more accessible so I took advantage of that and snapped a few pictures.

They are growing up fast!

{Gavin is just full of silly faces these days!}

{Andrew: He's perfecting the nose crinkle and the eye squint, all whilst looking adorable.}

Phones are the latest fought over beloved toy at our house. Though the boys do improvise in a pinch and use everything from their hands to play knives or toy cars if a "real" phone can't be found. It's pretty much a constant chorus of "hahwhoa" (hello) from dawn 'til dusk

{The phone is hanging over his back. He's still getting the hang of the whole holding it up to your ear thing}

{This boy in particular loves him some phone}

They quickly tire of being in front of the camera these days and instead want to inspect it or better yet get behind it and see all the pictures Mommy has been taking.


And this I deserve brownie points for: I took the boys outside to walk around our neighborhood by myself, no stroller involved. Boy was that an exciting walk. Trying to keep them together (no on trailing behind), on the sidewalk, out of the street, and off of other people's driveways was quite the feat. We made it almost all the way home before Drew bit the dust and conked his sweet little noggin. Poor kid.

{Sporting a nice goose egg. He's such a trooper!}

I think it may be time to invest in a couple of those leashes that look like cute animal backpacks. 

3 comments:

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Great pictures! They are getting so big, and they're so cute! I love the crinkle nose . . . that's the face I get in most pictures lately, it must be a popular one. And Forrest is obsessed with phones, too. I love that anything at all can be a phone . . . the other day, he was carrying around a rolling pin pressed up to his face, chatting up a storm. Ingenuity! They are such handsome boys :-)

Emily said...

Great pictures, as always! And I can't wait to see them in their leashes! haha! I think you exceptional to have taken them out alone. Q is enough for me these days! I can't believe how much older babies look when they start walking- yours are no exception. They're little lads now!

Erika said...

Oh, the bumps and bruises. They'll sport those constantly. Don't worry, you're not alone there. And I'd say the leashes are a MUST for someone like you (twins). I'm considering it now that my third is on the way. More kids than hands.