These two darlings turned 5 months on Tuesday.
[What?! Did the last 5 months whiz by for any one else or am I stuck in some kind of mommy time warp?]
{Gavin}
[What?! Did the last 5 months whiz by for any one else or am I stuck in some kind of mommy time warp?]
{Gavin}
They are getting incredibly fun. The giggles, the smiles, the growls and baby singing, the dimples (oh how I adore the dimples!), the stranger anxiety...oh wait that last one is not fun, incredibly not fun.
The big 5 months is also an exciting milestone because it means only one more month of pumping. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[can you tell I'm excited to be done? I mean every single one of those exclamation points]
Also, can I just say fast flow nipples are possibly the best baby invention yet. Feeding the boys takes like 8 minutes now instead of 20-25. I'm enjoying it while it lasts since we'll be starting solids hard core in a few weeks (right now we only dabble, mostly for fun, but they seem to enjoy it) and it'll be back to 20+ min. feedings.
On a related note, the mommy hormones are in full swing these days. I don't know why I had it in my head that they would decrease over time--ha! I didn't get the least bit teary when the boys grew out of the newborn stage, but good grief if you could see me now. It seems I tear up at least twice a day about how big our guys are getting or how sweet they are or how sometimes my heart just feels like it is going to explode and shower the world with happiness. Sappy you say? Definitely. Sappy, but true. What can I say, I'm smitten.
The big 5 months is also an exciting milestone because it means only one more month of pumping. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[can you tell I'm excited to be done? I mean every single one of those exclamation points]
Also, can I just say fast flow nipples are possibly the best baby invention yet. Feeding the boys takes like 8 minutes now instead of 20-25. I'm enjoying it while it lasts since we'll be starting solids hard core in a few weeks (right now we only dabble, mostly for fun, but they seem to enjoy it) and it'll be back to 20+ min. feedings.
On a related note, the mommy hormones are in full swing these days. I don't know why I had it in my head that they would decrease over time--ha! I didn't get the least bit teary when the boys grew out of the newborn stage, but good grief if you could see me now. It seems I tear up at least twice a day about how big our guys are getting or how sweet they are or how sometimes my heart just feels like it is going to explode and shower the world with happiness. Sappy you say? Definitely. Sappy, but true. What can I say, I'm smitten.

1 comment:
Katy! Oh my goodness your boys are beautiful! Heidi (Barns) just dropped into my blog and told me that you just had twins....and I've been drooling over your blog for the last hour...we just found out over a month ago that we are expecting twins...so I just want you to know that you are such an inspiration to me! Oh...PS this is Krista (Fluckiger) ;)
Post a Comment