Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Finding the perfect jeans

I've been on the hunt for a cute pair of jeans for some time now. It is so hard to find jeans that are figure flattering and comfortable, that aren't too long or too short, etc. Well I finally found some and in the most unexpected place too.

Who knew that the cutest jeans I've tried on in a very long while would be maternity jeans!

{new cute maternity jeans}

I don't fill them out quite as nicely as this model, but give me a few months....

Alas, sometime after December 6th I'll have to start the hunt for cute jeans all over again. Until then I'm going to relish my "cute jean" find...and my expanding belly :)

{Yes this is an official announcement. We're expecting!}

14 comments:

Tianna said...

Woah. Wait. Was that an announcement? (Or maybe I forgot a previous announcement?) Anyway, congrats!

And don't throw the maternity jeans out once the baby is born. As I'm trying to lose that last 10 pounds that breastfeeding has left me (almost a year later) I've found that my maternity capris are the most comfortable capris I own. And since they're form fitting around the belly, no one has to know that they're maternity. (Shhh. Don't tell anyone!)

7aura7 said...

Congrats! How exciting for you and your family!
I have to say, I almost wished I could keep wearing my maternity jeans after we had our little girl. Because it's true, they really are the perfect length and fit through the legs! :) Good find!

Amy said...

That's so awesome. I'm happy for you guys.

Carly said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you guys!! A whoot whoot!

And seriously I LOVED my motherhood (with that great big belly band) maternity jeans. I think I wore the same pair for um, seven months (including the post partum... because they really are teh best). My only problem post partum was that they would do some serious sagging unless I also had on a tight undershirt to hold em up. But you do what you gotta do!

Jane said...

I have news for you- you're going to be on the hunt for more cute jeans BEFORE December 6th (or at least these in a bigger size?! lol)

We're all so happy for you both!

James and Shawna said...

WAAA!! Yay yay yay! I'm so excited for you (can you tell?) Congrats!

Amanda S. said...

KATY!! CONGRATULATIONS! You're going to be a great parent, I think.

Katie said...

Hey congratulations!

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful!!! I've always heard people complain about having to wear maternity clothes, but hello, stretchy pants every day? Awesome :-)

Cami and Juan said...

Awesome! How fun to have your first baby just in time for the holidays.

Jess said...

Congrats to the both of you! So it sounds like we are having babies around the same time, how fun, too bad we are not closer to each other.

Erika said...

Ooh, congrats! That's so exciting. Babies are so fun. You'll love being a mom. So when are you due?

Erika said...

Ooh, congrats! That's so exciting. Babies are so fun. You'll love being a mom. So when are you due?

jesseeurestewart said...

Katy!! SOO Happy for you! What great parents you will be!! Hope everything is well with both of you, and that I can see you this summer!
Love Jessee