Monday, March 30, 2009

A long overdue update

Well I'm long overdue for an update. Life has been busy busy over the past two months. I guess we'll start with first things first:

1. I'm getting married! His name is Nathan. The date is set for August 7th. I'm a very happy girl:)


2. I'm managing to survive my second semester at grad school which is definitely MUCH harder than the first. Plus I've decided on a permanent adviser and thereby a research focus as well: poverty, social inequalities and academic achievement. I'm happy to have found something I feel passionate enough about that I might actually be able to make it through another 4 years of grad school!

3. I'm going to my first research conference this week in Denver. I'm kind of excited to sit in on lectures for a couple of days...(nerd!)

Ummmm... I'm sure more has happened since I last blogged, but I think that's as good of a catch up as I'm going to be able to muster at the moment:)

10 comments:

Carly said...

AHH!! Miss Katy, I am so stinkin' excited for you! Dang, I have the biggest smile on my face right now :). I wondered if the lack of posts was because something was happening in this department of life :). I am going to be smilin' all day about this one. Thanks for sharing the good news!

Cami and Juan said...

Katy, Congratulations! He looks like a great guy. I'd love an update on your mom and your brother. And let us know if you're doing any reception in Utah!

Tianna said...

Wahoo!!! Katy, that's so awesome! I'm glad I read your blog so I can keep up on stuffs like this. :) You're gonna love it; marriage is awesome. :)

James and Shawna said...

It's about time! I'm so so happy for you! Good luck with plans and school and everything! Keep us posted!

Amy said...

Congratulations! I can't wait for more information. Glad to hear you're still alive after all the work your program is putting you through. Hope you enjoy the conference.

MLE said...

What a great picture! Are you SURE you need a different one for your wedding announcements? :)

Erika said...

Congratulations!!! When? where? I want an announcement!! I'm so happy for you. Where's he from? Where are the receptions/open houses going to be? I'd love to see you again if you come out to Utah.

rachel b. said...

WOW! That is a lot of exciting things! Congratulations on the wedding, and I'll be honest . . . I didn't pay much attention to anything past "I'm getting married;" that kind of overshadowed all the other news :-) That's awesome and I'm so happy for you! And if you decide to get married in the midwest, I will totally come to your wedding. If I am invited.

7aura7 said...

Your elementary school buddy here :) I just had to see your ring. Congratulations!!! That beautiful smile of yours makes me think you are pretty happy with this match :) Good luck with all the wedding plans.
Oh, and that is so awesome that you're getting your grad degree. Wow Katy! Hats off to you!

wendy said...

Katy! Congratulations girl! When are you getting married? I'm so incredibly happy for you and wish I could see you in person to wish you all the best. Hope Indiana is awesome. Sure miss you! good luck with everything!
love,
wendy shaha