Thursday, January 22, 2009

Revived

Blogging is one of those things where the longer you go without doing it the harder it is to get back in the habit. Hence the month gap since my last post. And still this post is almost not happening. I'm going to force myself to hit that little orange button otherwise this hiatus might go on indefinitely!

Of course now I can think of nothing to blog about...

hmmm...

Well I spent my break from school in (mostly) sunny AZ. It was AWESOME! Though I think I freaked my body out a little (-20 degree weather---->70 degree weather---->-30 degree weather). Despite the seasonal confusion I experienced it was a wonderful break from frigid Indiana (you know you've reached a whole new level of sick and twisted when 4 degree weather feels like a heat wave)









Besides the weather (which I have pathetically been blogging about all too frequently) life is very busy. This semester is definitely going to be tougher than last semester. On a happier note however I am loving my adolescent development class. We spent 2.5 hours discussing puberty today and all it's psychological and behavioral implications. I know that sounds like possibly the most awkward 2.5 hours of a persons life, but I guess when it's not happening to you it makes for stimulating, instead of humiliating, conversation.

Well I hear my homework calling to me (more like screaming at this point--hahaha), but somehow I think my mind will rest easier knowing that I have (hopefully!) revived the blog.

5 comments:

lemonkiwi94 said...

great photos katy! looks better than when we were there! hope that's not true of the photo shots of us, oh I could look even worse than on camera!Love, Mom

Amy said...

Yippee, she's back and sounds like she's doing well. Those pictures of Arizona landscape make me a little home sick for it. I've always loved the cacti. When I think of desert, it's the Arizona desert that comes to mind. Glad you're doing well.

James and Shawna said...

I'm glad to hear from you again! And you are so talented! I love your pictures! Good luck this semester!

Brent and Jenny Colvin said...

Katy, what are you studying exactly? I'm sure if I read all of your blog entries I'd get a better idea, but I just saw "Family Studies" on your facebook page. Are you specializing in a specific area and/or what are you wanting to do with it? I thought I'd take a break from studies after BYU and I've been working in the field for a while. It has helped me see what I really like and what I can really handle. If and when I go back I think I've decided I'd want to study infant mental health.

Brent and Jenny Colvin said...

PS this is the former Jenny Tippetts. :)