Friday, December 5, 2008

Surprise!

Surprise #1:

I walked out to my car yesterday afternoon to go to class only to find that someone had broken into my car. Well to be fair I had left my doors unlocked (which I usually don't do). My glove box was emptied onto the floor, change drawer pulled out and sitting on the driver's seat, console wide open etc etc. Thankfully I don't keep much in my car. So I after putting a few things away so I could drive my car I tried to start 'er up. Um nope! My night time friend(s) had failed to close my doors properly so the dome light had been on all night and my battery was dead. Lovely! It's ok because I really didn't want to go to statistics anyways...
After a phone call to a friend, some jumper cables, and some time spent standing outside in the freezing wind my little car was going again, just in time for me to make it to my second class of the day.
So while the $20 emergency money in my glove box was gone along with a bag of random change I'm feeling like I got away pretty easy for getting my car broken into.

Surprise #2:

So I have some very tricksy friends here in Indiana. It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and while one of them distracted me with Thai food, the others lay in wait to surprise me and wish me happy birthday. I wish we had gotten a picture of my face when they all jumped out, because I'm pretty sure it would've been hilarious. hahahahaha!



Who knew I look cross-eyed when I read!- - -homemade icecream cake--peanut butter and chocolate my fav!
(my little pony advent calendar--
haha! Thanks again to Kyle and Kaleigh)



Aaron, Maggie, me-- -- - - - -- - -- - --- -- -- -- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -- - -- -Jacob & Joey


JonAnn and Kaleigh-- - -- - -- -- - --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- - -- -Joey, Brittney, Elizabeth, Caitlin, Amy




Maggie, me, Nathan-- -- - --- -- -- - -- - --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -Me & Nathan--the tricksiest one of all and ice cream cake maker extraordinaire

6 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Happy Birthday Katy. It looks like you had a good one! We also got $2 in change stolen from our car, and nothing more.

Amy said...

Katy
I'm so glad you had a good birthday and so sorry your car got broken into. That cake looks so good.

Nicki said...

Looks like a super fun time! Yeah for peanut butter and chocolate. Whoever thought of that was brilliant!

Amanda S. said...

OH MY GOSH! I love the pictures! Happy birthday, because I missed it! I'm glad that your friends in Indiana remembered, though. And can I say especially that I love your face in the My Little Pony one? Ahaha! It looks like you're thinking, "What's my age again?" (Blink 182 reference not intended.)

MLE said...

Okay, so just because I'm your sister doesn't mean I can't think you're gorgeous, right?! :) I hope we share many, many genes! You looked incredible on your birthday! Way to embrace your inner princess! :)
Oh and your "friend" Nathan is not so bad looking either. Haven't seen a picture before, apparently. You guys look really cute and "friendly" together!

Three cheers for your friends in the great state of Indiana- the only midwest state my kids know! :)

Love you!
Em

Mariah said...

Hey Katy! Wow you had an adventure! I'm curious was it (Uncle)Nathan that helped bail you out?And make sure to ALWAYS lock your doors so you don't keep having people braking into your car!I'd hate for you to lose your car while their at it!=) And you look like a princess!! And i bet you felt like a princess!!