Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lars and the Real Girl

Lars and the Real Girl (2007)

This movie is about a young man named Lars who falls in love with a life size doll. Sounds a bit kinky I know, but it is really a story about pain and healing and how our feelings find a way of surfacing no matter how hard we try to push them away. I think any of you who have experienced deep loss will be able to relate to Lars and his struggle. It is truly a beautiful story about love and friendship and real life awkwardness and humanness. I'll admit the story line is a bit unusual and at any minute you expect it to really go awry, but it never does. I loved it! (Thanks Rachel for the recommendation!) It also stars one of my favorite actresses that is still living (since most of my favorites were in their prime in the 50's) Emily Mortimer (she also stars in Dear Frankie and The Kid).

3 comments:

rachel b. said...

Yay! I LOVED this movie! I may even have to purchase it at some point, making it the fourth--yes, fourth--movie in my personal collection. That's big stuff.

Amanda S. said...

Katy! I liked this movie! Hoorah!

Moina said...

Katy, i love reading your post. Howa are you? I am blogging too now. Funny!
When do you move to the East for Grad school?